Monday, July 5, 2010

It has been a while.......

As a teenager oh the joy that flooded my soul when I was handed the keys to the family car and the given the instructions, "Son, be careful!"  I was now a legal and licensed driver.  I could come and go and do as I saw fit.  Or, at least, so I thought.

There was more than one occasion when, to my great sadness and teenage angst (those of you who know me know there was never true teenage angst), the car keys were taken from my hand by a loving parent.  "Why?  This is not fair!," I would yell, "Time got away from me and I did not know what time it was!"

All of this is to say that I have not posted a blog in quite a while.  In fact, my last blog was posted on Friday, May 28.  The math need not be done to calculate how many days it has been because that will fuel the proverbial fire "slackers guilt."  Okay....that was a bit much.  Nonetheless, it has been a while since my last posting.  I find myself holding the keys to the family car again and yelling, "Time for away from me!" 

To account for lost time, suffice it to say, there will be reflections posted soon.  Reflections on life, God, and how/where the two intersect.  My goal is to post more often.  There are a lot of things happening for the rest of the summer.  There are a lot of things that have happened already this summer.  So....reflections on these things will be posted soon.

Boy, I am glad blogger.com does not take away the keys to the family car!
-ASR

No comments:

Post a Comment